Friday, February 12, 2010

Meeting the Babies


I'm not sure how to express the emotions that ran through my body as we sat on the couch of the guest room, waiting to meet the babies for the first time. I kept telling myself, "breathe, breathe". After waiting for what felt like an eternity, they brought them in. I heard them say, "Feven" first. And then, "Kibrom". Jim stood up right away, but my legs were failing me. I finally stood up and just went and just stared at them. I touched them. Smiled at them.
Oh my goodness. I couldn't believe in all the world, God chose these two precious ones to be mine to care for.
They were just absolutely perfect. Jim took Gabriel immediately. After a few moments, I took Ana. So much for not crying. I kept telling myself not to cry so I wouldn't scare them.
The tears poured down my cheeks. I couldn't stop kissing them and telling them how much I love them. Thank you, Lord.

PS. Gabriel is in pink :-)