Tuesday, October 20, 2009

SHOW HOPE (continued)

I walked into work yesterday and my friend jokingly came to me, shaking her fist, saying "you and your darn Show Hope devotional." I gave it to her quite a while ago, and apparently she's started to read it. If you've not read it, it's great! It's distributed by Show Hope, Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman's organization. Count the cost before you read it because you will definitely be stirred to do something for orphans when you read it.

11 months ago, Jim and I went to our first adoption class. When I got home I wrote many things in my journal. Panic was pretty much the underlying theme. However, I also wrote this: "Now faith is being sure of what we HOPE for, certain of what we do not see."~Hebrews 11:1 Then, immediately after that I wrote SHOW HOPE.

PSALM 77:14 YOU ARE THE GOD WHO PERFORMS MIRACLES; YOU DISPLAY YOUR POWER AMONG THE PEOPLES.
Some of the Miracles we've experienced thus far:
~birth of our children
~our salvation
~me getting on a plane
~hearing from God
~going to Guatemala
~adopting
~adopting 2 babies
~the change of our hearts over the last few years
~love of our family and friends