Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Does God Really Get ALL the glory?

Today my daughter quipped, "It just doesn't seem fair that God gets all the glory. I mean, can't we just get a little bit of it?" It sounds as though she was making a joke, but she was dead-serious. With a hidden smile on my face, I thought on that comment for a moment.

I know in my head that God gets all the glory-yes, Jules, ALL the glory. Sorry, baby girl.

However, do my actions match my head-knowledge? How many times have I acted or spoken to receive the glory due to God?

Isaiah 42:8
I am the Lord; that is my name. I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols.

Revelation 5:12
In a loud voice they said,
"Worthy is the lamb, who was slain,
to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength
and honor and glory and praise!"