Sunday, December 6, 2009

He is...

He's BIGGER than I thought He is...
He's kinder than I thought He is...
He's more powerful. More gracious. More Beautiful.

He's not only more gracious. He is GRACE. He is MERCY.
He is FAITHFUL.
He's not only better. He's GOOD.
He's not only powerful. He's ALL-POWERFUL.
He not only knows a lot. He's ALL-KNOWING.
He is HOLY. He is INFINITE. He is TRUTH.
He is PERFECTION. He is a CONSUMING FIRE.
He is LOVE.
The heavens can't contain Him. He breathes the stars into the sky. He knits us together in our mother's womb. We can never go anywhere He isn't.

He is UNCHANGING. He is I AM.

I've only caught a glimpse of who He really is.

Go ahead, ask Him, "Who are you, Lord?"

Thank you, Lord, for answering when we call. Thank you for showing us who you are. We make you so small. We enlarge ourselves in our minds. Forgive us for our arrogance. I pray for you to continue to show us who you are and in turn, whose we are. May we TRUST You and you alone. Amen.