Tuesday, November 4, 2014

He Knows

Because God knows, even when we don't...

Journal entry~Written November 10, 2008  (written 9 months before Gabriel and Ana were born)

Dear Lord~
I didn't really think I'd be having these thoughts tonight.  What if I can't do this, Lord?!  What if I can't be a mommy to four children?  Lord, you know my limits.  I struggle being a working mom with 2 children.  The house.  My job. It's just so overwhelming right now.  I know someday I'll see.  I know you are calling me to walk by faith.  Gabriel Jonathan and Ana Grace.  Will they become real?  Lord, please help my unbelief.  Help my distrust.  I want to be at peace, Lord.  Yes, I want a baby (or babies).  Lord, grant me peace, I pray.  Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being certain of what we hope for, certain of what we do not see.  Hope that is seen is no hope at all.
...Be strong and courageous.  Do not fear.  This battle is not yours to fight.  Be still and know that I am your Lord.